[RE-wrenches] Trace T220

Allan Sindelar allan at sindelarsolar.com
Tue Oct 25 21:32:26 PDT 2016

Ron,
Shooting from memory here... the T220 was rated at 2800 watts max, as
compared to the later T240, which is rated at 3900 watts continuous. At
240 VAC 2800W is just a bit over 10A. Given that use as a balancing
autotransformer for a generator is continuous duty, this capacity rating
is most likely due to how much heat it can tolerate. Given this the 15A
fusing seems quite appropriate and I wouldn't change it.
Allan

*Allan Sindelar*
allan at sindelarsolar.com <mailto:allan at sindelarsolar.com>
NABCEP Certified Technical Sales Professional
New Mexico EE98J Journeyman Electrician
Founder (Retired), Positive Energy, Inc.
*505 780-2738 cell*

**