[RE-wrenches] Vertical wall, shared rails

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 05:01:44 PDT 2016

I use a laser plumb, sit it on the ground over your marks and loft the
marks to the top. It will be very accurate.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 7:49 PM, Benn Kilburn <benn at skyfireenergy.com>
wrote:

> Hello Wrenches,
> Wondering if any of you have ever done anything similar to installing on a
> vertical wall using a horizontal shared rail racking system, array being
> about 32.8m (110') wide and 26.3m (86') tall
>
> The rails obviously have to be exactly perpendicular the entire length so
> we are taking extra care that the first row (top row) is true and using
> template spacers for each row down.  Only problem is that the top of the
> building is a concrete parapet and anything but level.
>
> Wondering if anyone has any good tips for getting that top row
> level/square and  keeping the rest of the rails perfectly perpendicular?
> (keeping in mind the length...32.8m (110')
>
> Much Thanks,
>
> *Benn Kilburn *
> CSA Certified Solar Photovoltaic Systems Electrician, SkyFire Energy Inc
> 14515 – 121A Ave NW | Edmonton, AB | T5L 2T2
> P: 780-474-8992 | F: 888-405-5843 | www.skyfireenergy.com
> [image: email] <benn at skyfireenergy.com> [image: facebook]
> <https://www.facebook.com/SkyFireEnergy> [image: twitter]
> <https://twitter.com/SkyFireEnergy> [image: linkedin]
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/283735?trk=tyah&trkInfo=tarId%3A1408655033432%2Ctas%3Askyfire%2Cidx%3A2-2-5>
>

> [image: SkyFire Energy Logo_horizontal]
>
> *WE HAVE MOVED! Please note our new address above.*

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

Chris Mason
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
Solar Design Engineer
Generac Generators Industrial technician

www.cometsolar.com <http://www.cometenergysystems.com>
264.235.5670
869.662.5670
Skype: netconcepts