[RE-wrenches] Lithium battery systems

Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Fri Oct 14 12:09:12 PDT 2016

Hi Chris,

I am in our 3rd year of designing and selling Lithium Iron Manganese Phosphate (LFMP) battery systems for our mobile, boat and off grid customers. There is no mystery to using Lithium Iron type batteries with most modern inverter/chargers, although some manufacturers disagree. Our LFMP batteries work with any charger that has programmable absorb and float voltage and has adjustable absorb timers down to 5 minutes. Temperature compensation is not used. At my Montana home, I have a the Outback GS8048 for powering my shop building, home office and to backup loads in the house.

I have looked at many other batteries being marketed but none of the EMS systems or designs have the features and protection that I deem necessary. Too much to write about here but buyer do your research. A customer will not be happy if their battery often shuts down.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems