[RE-wrenches] Rolls Surrette Re-combiner caps.

Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Thu Oct 13 16:08:37 PDT 2016

Steve,

Water Miser caps use plastic beads to condense moisture. No recombination takes place. No exothermic process thus no heat is generated.

Larry

On Oct 13, 2016, at 4:43 PM, Steve Higgins <steve at surrette.com> wrote:

Wrenches...

Recombination Caps typically use a palladium plate or balls to help the recombination process...  The Hydrogen and Oxygen in gas for pass by the palladium. The Hydrogen and Oxygen attaches to the palladium and  it rejoins the gasses into a liquid form.

The problem with this process is it can build up quite a bit of heat.  The nice thing about the water-miser caps is it's made up of many palladium marbles, instead of a disk.     There are some recombination caps that when you are charging at higher voltage, or EQ'ing they will heat up tremendously and will melt to the tops of the batteries. This forces you to remove the caps during heavy charging, or equalizing as melting caps are not a good thing, and whats the point of having these if you can't have them on the battery?

This is why we switched to the water-misers, they don't get as hot and are made of materials that can absorb a bit more heat and you don't have to remove them when charging.

If you need help finding these, let me know off list and I'll work with a distributor near you to get them.

Steve Higgins ⋅ Technical Services Manager
t +1.902.597.4020 m +1.206.790.5840
f +1.902.597.8447 e steve at surrette.com

CONFIDENTIALITY: The information transmitted herein is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, distribution or other use of or the taking of any action in reliance upon this information is prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy this message and all copies.