[RE-wrenches] Direct Burial PV Wire?

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Wed Sep 28 19:51:38 PDT 2016

Corey,

Generally, when choosing a larger system with multiple string inverters,
the preferred architecture is to have the string inverters distributed -
located at the ends of each row, and running AC lines back to a central
AC combining location. This minimizes the length of the high voltage DC
wiring to the short jump from the array to inverter and it allows short
circuit/OCP for the runs back to the AC combiner to be provided by
standard AC rated equipment.  This also allows the wire runs to be
standard building wire in plastic conduit.

Did you consider this and choose the "inverter wall" for some particular
reason?

Mark Frye

Berkeley Solar Electric Systems