[RE-wrenches] Warranty Issues

peter.parrish at calsolareng.com peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Tue Sep 20 10:40:39 PDT 2016

I am trying to recall exactly to what sellers and installers were obligated under the CSI. And was this tied to the rebates for PV modules (which no longer exist)?

- A “3-R” warranty on the first ten years for the PV modules  and then a voluntary additional 15-25 year-warrantee (pro-rated), depending on manu.
- A R&R warrantee on the inverters for the first 5 years, and then upped to ten years R&R at some point in time (when?)
- A warranty of 10 years on workmanship
- I further remember that the labor associated with the replacement/repair or PV modules and inverters was a burden borne by the installer, but in most cases there was a cost reimbursement schedule from the manu.

All comments are welcome, and I would especially like to be able to cite chapter and verse in the CSI/CPUC documents.

Peter T. Parrish, Ph.D.
SolarGnosis
1107 Fair Oaks Ave. Suite 351
South Pasadena, CA 91030