[RE-wrenches] Issue with DR1512 and oven

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Sep 19 15:39:58 PDT 2016

Sounds like ovens have gotten more complicated over the years.  As soon
as I read "control board" and modified sine wave, I cringe. The good old
DR inverters worked great, I even ran my own shop on one for several
years back in the 90s.  I for the most part quit selling them though, as
even though most equipment worked on the mod sine, we started noticing
premature failures.  I would attribute this to the extra heat generated
by all the extra harmonic distortion.  Sorry I can't recommend an oven;
they probably would be better going to something older form Craig's list
with no AC connection at all.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,