[RE-wrenches] Back-up generator/inverter shut-down relay

jerrysgarage01 jerrysgarage01 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:57:01 PDT 2016

Wrenches
Does not sound like there is an option to hard wire a shut down switch so here is an idea l have used. Program the genny to run at 58 Hz. not yp this will keep the inverters ftom starting up. None of the appliances will know but as long as the inverter programming does not allow for 58 Hz then it will work
Jerry

We are installing 2 SolarEdge SE7600A-US inverters in a grid-tied system that has a 15kw back-up generator on an auto transfer switch.

The generator is located in a shed about 300' or more away and the feeders to the house are underground.
Inverters are located in the house basement mechanial room along with the house electrical panelboard.

We are looking for relay options to shut down the inverters when there is a power interruption, before the generator kicks in.  This could be a manual reset.

What are some options you have seen/used for something like this?

Thanks,

Benn Kilburn
CSA Certified Solar Photovoltaic Systems Electrician, SkyFire Energy Inc
14515 – 121A Ave NW | Edmonton, AB | T5L 2T2
P: 780-474-8992 | F: 888-405-5843 | www.skyfireenergy.com

WE HAVE MOVED! Please note our new address above.