[RE-wrenches] Getting ready for 2014 NEC rapid shut down with string inverters

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Tue Aug 30 14:17:46 PDT 2016

I found this 18 AWG 5-conductor 600 v shielded Tray Cable online:

http://belden.catalog.belden.com/en/Products/Detail/PF_28335AS

or

http://www.southwire.com/products/oem-type-tc-control-cable-xhhw-solonon-jacket-renewable-cable.htm

Now I guess the question is whether the shielding is adequate to avoid false
AFCI tripping with SMA's inverters.

Interestingly, Fronius explicitly shows the control wire in the same conduit
as the PV output circuits.

http://www.fronius.com/cps/rde/xbcr/SID-9806262E-5771F465/fronius_usa/RapidShutdownBoxMarch_441527_snapshot.pdf

Cheers,

August