[RE-wrenches] After market SMA TL inverter shade covers

Garrison Riegel Garrison at solarserviceinc.com
Tue Aug 30 08:41:38 PDT 2016

We built one recently out of Unistrut and corrugated roofing, which worked well.  See photo attached.  Not the best picture but you get the idea.

It’s becoming more popular to install these inverters on a rack at the array and SMA even encourages it with their ReadyRack<http://www.sma-america.com/products/solarinverters/sma-readyrack.html> solution.  I’m not aware of a shade cover they include for this so it seems they are OK with mounting the TriPower in direct sunlight.  I think time will tell if this is a “best practice”.

Garrison

Garrison Riegel
PV Manager | Solar Service Inc<http://www.solarserviceinc.com/>
[p] 847-677-0950 | garrison at solarserviceinc.com<mailto:garrison at solarserviceinc.com>

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional™