[RE-wrenches] After market SMA TL inverter shade covers

Benn Kilburn benn at skyfireenergy.com
Sun Aug 28 17:23:23 PDT 2016

We are working on a service call for an enphase system (installed by others) where the 9 inverters are located, exposed to the elements, on rack on a north facing wall (rooftop equipment enclosure). The modules are installed about 75' away as decorative(?) awnings for a downtown penthouse suite.
So far about 3 of the enphase inverters (M215's I believe, would have to double check) have failed and have been replaced and I recently was on the service call where enphase determined that 4 more would need to be replaced as well.
Enphase is claiming that the inverters are failing because they are exposed to the elements.
We are in the process of designing a cover for them that would provide at least as much protection as a module would.

Benn Kilburn
SkyFire Energy Inc.
780-906-7807