[RE-wrenches] NRTL certification question

Isaac Opalinsky David.Opalinsky at sunpower.com
Fri Aug 26 12:05:53 PDT 2016

Allan,

OSHA maintains the list of NRTL’s: https://www.osha.gov/dts/otpca/nrtl/nrtllist.html.

TUV Rheinland is included, but CE is not a NRTL – it is a manufacturer’s declaration of conformity (literally translated is European Conformity) to European requirements for product conformity.  As a manufacturers’ declaration, it is not a third party certification.  I’d stay away from products that are CE, and not UL, TUV, CSA, etc.

Isaac Opalinsky | Technical Sales
77 Rio Robles, San Jose, CA 95134 | office 443-569-3476 | mobile 443-277-6286 | isaac.opalinsky at sunpower.com<mailto:isaac.opalinsky at sunpower.com>
[sp_2014_logo_black_orange_CMYK-01]
IREC Certified Master Instructor | IREC_10055_AM_PV