[RE-wrenches] Hydrometer tube lost in a battery cell..

Wallace Stahle wstahle at pacific.net
Tue Aug 2 08:13:17 PDT 2016

On Aug 1, 2016, at 5:50 PM, Steve Higgins wrote:

> Hey Jeremy,
>
> A plastic/rubber tube won't be an issue...
>
> Best thing to do is get them a refractometer that way the only thing you're putting into the battery is a pipette to remove just a drop or two of electrolyte...
>
> The Extech RF40 or RF41 are available on amazon and are generally priced well.

Howdy
Except that pipette is much too short for series 5000 Surrettes.
I've dropped it into a cell before with successful retrieval.  A tube extension, with snug fit to hydrometer tube works as well and facilitates a quicker process of cell to cell charge status check in my opinion. I do break out the refractometer at times but it takes lot of moves with acid rag or tissue wipe down process in my opinion.