[RE-wrenches] Array on different roof

Will White will at solarenergy.org
Wed Jul 20 08:03:30 PDT 2016

I don't know if there's anything in the NEC but I've had two problems with
the utility in scenarios like this.  First is I've had utilities who won't
let you connect two different systems to two different meters on the same
property.  Second the utility wouldn't allow a system on one building with
it's own meter to connect to a meter on a different building.

I'd suggest you ask the utility what their policy is.

Good Luck,
Will White

--
*Will White*
Curriculum Developer

e: will at solarenergy.org
w: www.solarenergy.org
p: 802-272-309

PV Installation Professional
# 093006-34

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 10:31 AM, Steve Romo <
steve at mountainpowersolutions.com> wrote:

> Good morning wrenches,
>
> We have a customer with two separate meters on his property. One for the
> shop and one for the house. We would like to do a system on each meter (
> the utility limits us to 10  kW on each meter)  The house roof is great for
> solar, the shop- not so much. So we would like to put both systems on the
> house roof and back feed both meters individually. Is there anything in the
> NEC that prohibits this?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Steve Romo
> NABCEP certified PV Installer #110112-124
> Kohler Certified Generator Technician
> Generac Certified Generator Technician
> Mountain Power Solutions
> 970-433-6316