[RE-wrenches] Sonnen Battery & Outback Radian Inverter

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 17:10:04 PDT 2016

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Gary Willett <Gary at icarussolarservices.com>
wrote:

> Were all of the components in the cabinet factory mounted and
> inter-connected, or was it field assembled?

It came assembled. The only hard part was the external production metering.
I would show you a photo except I am not very proud of it.
You have to install the batteries and auxiliary cabinet in place.

> How much does the finished product weigh?

About 500lbs before the batteries, we used our crane to lower it down the
stairwell. Two people, a handcart, should be all you need.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3wajbo1614f52v/2016-06-09%2014.46.39.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ceodgghk1zcpih2/2016-06-09%2014.47.01.jpg?dl=0
You put the batteries in after you get it in place.

> Do you have any Sonnen and/or Outback URL(s) that provide installation
> documentation and a high level single line electrical block diagram of
> what's inside the box?

The owner's manual has all that.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhntxsq9kpbr9ot/Ohio%20II%20Installation%20and%20Operation%20Manual%20V1.1.pdf?dl=0