[RE-wrenches] 48 volt battery charger.

Howie Michaelson howie at suncatchervt.com
Fri Jun 10 19:59:26 PDT 2016

Jerry,
Do you have any recommended manu's for these type chargers. Occasionally I
run into situations where this type of solution could be a reasonable
option.
Thanks,
Howie

Howie Michaelson
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™

Sun Catcher
Renewable Energy Systems Sales and Service
VT Solar Electric Incentive Partner
802-272-0004
On Jun 10, 2016 10:04 PM, "Jerry Shafer" <jerrysgarage01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wrenches
> There are several 48 volt golf cart chargers out there with a varity of
outputs and some programable for different batteries. They work well with
even dirty gennies and use a shunt in the set up so there is no fmdc
issues. I use this set up when l cant take a chance on switch over issues
or noises.
> Jerry
>
> On Jun 10, 2016 11:17 AM, "Jay" <jay.peltz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Gary
>>
>> Well if the customer wants it that way. It'll work no issues.
>> I agree with the IBE.
>> IBE make big industrial ones.
>> I'm not sure what other big options there are.
>> Iota or power source make smaller solid state ones, that you would scale
to your needs.
>> As it sounds like he's got industrial batteries, you'll want to find the
correct size based on the battery specific info.

>> Jay
>> Peltz power
>>

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> > On Jun 10, 2016, at 7:50 AM, gary easton <gary at arp-solar.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I have a customer that has an 8 kW outback radian system with a
516amphr 48 volt battery bank.  He also has a large generator to power some
large loads.  He does not want the generator tied to the outback. He does
not like automatic features but would like to run a simple battery charger
whenever he has the generator running.  Is this an issue with the outback
system? And if not does anyone have a charger they recommend in this
application?