[RE-wrenches] 1000v rated MC4's

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Thu Jun 9 17:32:38 PDT 2016

Aloha James,

If you’re not already aware of this, note that inverters that are wired with 600+ volt DC circuits require greater security measures (clearance spaces AND protective fencing) if they’re accessible to non-trained personnel.

I learned this the hard way last year while installing SMA Tripowers on an external wall of a medical building.

marco

Aloha Wrenches,

I am building my first 1000v system here in Oahu.

I have 2kv rated wire that was available on Island, what I do not have are the 1000v rated MC4 connectors.

The jacket on this wire is huge!

Doe anybody know where I can order these connectors that are rated and have a larger end (wire side) diameter that accepts this larger wire insulation?

Mahalo in advance everybody!

James B. Rudolph

Haleakala Solar

Director of Operations

State of Hawaii ES Electrician  #10816

NABCEP Certified PV Installer # 091209-155