[RE-wrenches] Steel Trusses

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Mon Jun 6 15:44:41 PDT 2016

Hi Chad,

We’ve occasionally installed onto steel trusses with either self drilling
screws (no pilot required) or thread forming screws (pilot hole required).
See attached sample spec sheets.

I suppose you could install a standard tile hook type product with the
types of fasters I listed above. Or, hire a roofer to waterproof your
stanchions and reinstall the removed tiles. More and more, we are moving
towards the latter because we’ve bumped into issues with degrading
underlayment (felt paper) under tile roofs.

Best,

August

Luminalt