[RE-wrenches] Compressor motor/SW+5548

Allan Sindelar allan at sindelarsolar.com
Mon May 30 13:00:13 PDT 2016

Yes, the SW4024 and SW4048 could start larger surge loads than the
SW5548, because both allowed the output voltage to dip farther under
surge. The 5548 was more tightly regulated in order to reduce the
flickering caused by the voltage dip of a large motor under load.

I learned this around 2002 when I was designing Jane Fonda's GTWB system
for her ranch in Pecos NM. We used three inverters: an SW4048 for
background fridges, pumps and mechanicals, an SW5548 for normal house
loads, and an Exeltech MX series for clean A/V & computer circuits. The
two SWs were not stacked, running to separate 120V load centers. Still
working, although she's no longer the owner. Original battery bank,
still (Surrette 1104 AH(?) KS-series, two strings)...
Allan

*Allan Sindelar*
allan at sindelarsolar.com <mailto:allan at sindelarsolar.com>
NABCEP Certified Technical Sales Professional
New Mexico EE98J Journeyman Electrician
Founder (Retired), Positive Energy, Inc.
*505 780-2738 cell*

**