[RE-wrenches] supply side connection - Tap connector recommendations

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Tue May 10 11:04:55 PDT 2016

This is what we use - we keep a selection in the van for difficult jobs.

Insulation Piercing Connector 2/0-10 AWG
Part #IPCS2001
Insulation Piercing Connector 2/0-10 AWG 2/0-4 Main, 10-14 AWG Tap, Dual
Rated AL9CU, Torque Limiting Nut

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Kirpal Khalsa <solarworks at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> We have a job requiring a supply side connection.  Wondering if anyone
> could share some makes and models for connectors connecting to the wires
> between a main meter and the main breakers in the electrical panel.
> Ideally it would be able to be done hot.
> I am also looking into the ConnectDer meter collar but will have to
> coordinate with the utility for that and am looking to keep things simple.
> Thank you!!!!
>

> Sunny Regards,
> Kirpal Khalsa
> Oregon LRT#25
> NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional
> Oregon Solarworks LLC
> www.oregonsolarworks.com
> 541-299-0402

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

Chris Mason
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
Solar Design Engineer
Generac Generators Industrial technician

www.cometsolar.com <http://www.cometenergysystems.com>
264.235.5670
869.662.5670
Skype: netconcepts