[RE-wrenches] Goofy roofing

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Fri Apr 29 06:55:22 PDT 2016

Recently, a customer had a metal roof (not standing seam) installed by a
"handyman".  Pretty clean installation however for some reason he ran
1X6 stringers across the roof  on the 1/2" plywood deck spaced about
every 4 feet (as you go from ridge to eaves).  Of course the roofing
screws are at the stringers.  I'm sure he had a /great/ reason for doing
so.  So now I have been asked to install an array on this roof.  You can
feel how "soft" the roof is as you walk on it of course because you are
walking on air-below-metal for most of the roof.  Stringer locations
don't jive with possible feet/post locations for rail. I'm usually
pretty good at problem solving but I'm accepting ideas.

Bill

Feather River Solar Electric
Bill Battagin, Owner
4291 Nelson St.