[RE-wrenches] Battery charging problems

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Thu Apr 21 14:26:35 PDT 2016

That doesn't make sense,  the inverter's charger determines the max
charge rate and the max draw from the generator.
The 8.5 kW Kohler should have no problem running the 4.4 kW Magnum.
What is the altitude?
Is it wired for 240 vac ?  If the generator is running at 120 vac, then
you are only running on one leg and hence operating at half power.
It will also lead to long term damage of the generator.   Its like
pedaling a bicycle with one pedal.
The Magnum MS4448 PAE is designed for 240vac input.
The problem might only be showing itself now, because the new batteries
are actually requiring closer to full charger power from the Magnum.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician