[RE-wrenches] Helical Anchors for Ground-Mount

Chris Schaefer chris at solarandwindfx.com
Thu Mar 31 11:38:01 PDT 2016

Eric,

            I’ve been researching this for almost two years now and finally decided to go with Zilla for a 40 module system. I have a heavy clay soil and nothing has been required for permitting or the AHJ. I will have to purchase their adapter to fit any pto post hole digger for about $500 but expect to make that back over a couple of projects. However the real issue came when I got the finalized numbers from them and a normal freight of around $400-600 was expected. Surprise, the cost was just shy of $1,500! Ouch. Well there goes the margin. Apparently because they provide their truss system as a pre-fab which makes them extremely difficult for the shipper and puts them in a higher freight class. So I asked that they provide an option with the truss broken down. We can do the assembly on site. This is something at this time they are unwilling to do without additional fees. While the customer service response has been timely it is obvious to me that this is something that they clearly do not want to do. Of course this has always been our albatross here on the east coast with most racking system being fabricated west of the Mississippi. So while I look forward to trying the helical pier until they come up with a breakdown option of their ground racking system I suggest you look elsewhere. I hope this helps. Let me know who else out there has a helical pier product.

Christopher

                                Chris Schaefer’s

          SolarWindFX

                    Tel/Fax 585-229-2083 or Cell 585-748-1870

     5115 South Hill Road ~ Canandaigua New York 14424

 <http://www.solarandwindfx.com> www.solarandwindfx.com ~ E-mail:  <mailto:chris at solarandwindfx.com> chris at solarandwindfx.com

Thomas Jefferson, the author of our great Constitution, once said, "democracy" will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."