[RE-wrenches] DC to DC converters

Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Mon Mar 28 16:58:26 PDT 2016

William,

Over the years I have discovered that many published voltage specifications for equipment, like SCADA radios for example, are nominal voltages but actually can be powered from a broad range of voltages The internal PS circuit handles delivering the correct voltage. 30 volts is an odd spec so if you can get your hands on the unit, apply a variable DC supply to discover the true operating range. You may be surprised that it functions just fine with your existing power system. Save cost and KISS.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems