[RE-wrenches] Group thoughts on Power Perfect Box from Static USA

jay jay.peltz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 16:04:02 PDT 2016

HI Tom,

Well I saw this and had to put my 2cents in.
I’m guessing from looking at the box that its just capacitors.
If the caps are sized to the exact load they will increase PF, which probably reduces some harmonics.  But what about our neighbors, and their loads which we’ll see on our house side of the meter?
But its the details.  Loads from motors to LED’s are all over the size and range of the caps needed so its impossible to build one for a “house” and have it work across all power/PF/load ranges.

And lets go further, we don’t pay for our electricity like that, so PF correction gets us no reduction in our electric bills. So the 3% is bogus.
As to how it would help our GTI inverters, nope.

The smart meters, don’t use power line carrier but a wireless carrier, so hard to see how that would help with EMF.

In the end snake oil.

jay

PS 20+ year ago at MREF, there were folks selling same thing.  Reduce your bill etc.