[RE-wrenches] NEC 705.12 Point of Connection - 120% rule for center-fed panelboards

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Wed Mar 2 10:06:00 PST 2016

Fortunately we haven't had that AHJ 'problem'.  It probably wouldn't
work (in the mind of your AHJ) to move the heavy loads to one side and
install your backfed breaker on the far end of the 'lighter' side of the
center tap.  I know I'm probably dreaming.....   It seems the 2 buses
must be designed to handle 100 amps on both sides of the center tap to
deal with a worst case scenario....how many times have we all seen a  X
rated panel (center tap or not) have 2X worth of CBs for the loads.  Can
you contact the manu of the panel to confirm the rating of the bus on
either side of the center tap?

Bill
Feather River Solar Electric