[RE-wrenches] Optimal 200 or 225 Amp Square D MSP All-in-One meter for CT Clamps

Nick Soleil nsoleil at enphaseenergy.com
Thu Feb 18 10:36:33 PST 2016

The Eaton "Solar Power Center" panels are combined meter/main service
panels that can accommodate consumption CTs, if you know the trick.  What
you need to know about those panels is that the main breaker internally
rotates the line conductors, so that line 1 is on the right on the top of
the breaker, but line 2 is on the right on the bottom of the breaker.  This
panel doesn't appear to accommodate consumption monitoring CTs, but if you
install one CT above and one CT below the main breaker it will work.

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Gregory Seelhorst <gseelhorst at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thank you for your contributions.  The meter/main Combo is the preferred
> solution here.   I do like the Milbank solution with longer Feeders.
>
> Has anyone used the SC816F200PS Square D all-in-one?
> Square D (Schneider) is advertising this as a "Homeline Solar-ready
> Combination Service Entrance" where it can accomodate CTs.
>
> Greg Seelhorst
> NABCEP PV Installation Professional #092907-16
>

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Dave Tedeyan <dtedeyan at taitem.com> wrote:
>
>> It is not Square D, but a Milbank U5168-XTL-200 would do the trick.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dave
>>

>> *--*
>>

>> *Dave Tedeyan*
>> *Project Engineer*
>>
>> *Taitem Engineering, PC*
>> 109 S. Albany Street, Ithaca, NY 14850
>> Voice: (607) 277-1118 x121
>> www.taitem.com
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Patrick A. Shortell <
>> pshortell6 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Gregory
>>> If your installing a new load center
>>> Try inserting a 2" "C" condulet
>>> Ahead of the service panel
>>> I'm assuming pvc conduit from meter to panel
>>> Install solid core 200:5 ct's while you pull your cable through
>>> Route the ct leads into the panel along with the phase conductors
>>> Or if you have a meter main
>>> Most have bolted buss connections that you can open and if you stagger
>>> the ct's and support them with a few cable ties
>>> That could work
>>> But
>>> Your meter probably requires voltage sense and meter power conductors so
>>> nippling the meter to the panel might be a better solution just so you
>>> don't have to install additional oc protection in the meter main
>>> Which might be sketchy
>>> Hope I understood your question
>>> Pat
>>>
>>> Patrick A. Shortell
>>> Licensed Master Electrician
>>> Certified Solar Installer
>>> 71 Oregon Street
>>> Long Beach N.Y. 11561
>>> Www.thesolarstorehouse.com <http://www.thesolarstorehouse.com>
>>>

>>> On Feb 17, 2016, at 2:29 PM, jerrysgarage01 <jerrysgarage01 at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you get a meter main with only one breaker and then get a
>>> distribution panel and put all all loads there
>>>

>>> Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S™ III, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Cordially,

Nick Soleil
*Enphase Energy* | Field Applications Engineer

office 707-763-4784 <%28707%29%20763.%204784> x7267
cell 707-321-2937

<http://enphase.com/>

*Powering What’s Next*™* | *The Enphase Energy Management System
<http://ow.ly/HbVS3>

NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer #03262011-300

California C10 Licensed Electrician #986315

Texas Master Electrician #284451

“Don’t get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It’s just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there’s an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it’s wireless!”

- William McDonough