[RE-wrenches] Availability of Powerwall Batteries

Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Fri Jan 22 09:25:52 PST 2016

August,

There are applications where Lithium batteries are far more cost effective than lead batteries. We have off grid customers in Mexico using our LFMP battery systems. Because these are seasonal homes that are left for 6-8 months, there is no maintenance for many months. Every 2-3 years they ruin lead acid banks. For this application, LFMP batteries are ideal. Just turn the battery off and walk away. Come back in 8 months and it is right where you left it less about 1-2AH (EMS boards draw small current). Plus there is an advantage of less capacity degradation due to high summer temperatures.

The same thing applies for our RV customers that only use them for a few months each year.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems