[RE-wrenches] Battery corrosion issue

Luke Christy sgsrenewables at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 08:24:51 PST 2016

I would go with the puller idea. Grab a small gear puller at Napa or Autozone and use a large socket or something similar as a spacer on the back side so that the puller jaws don't dig into the soft lead.
The challenge may be finding a puller with a small enough bolt to push through the terminal hole.

I have also had luck driving out broken bolts with a pin punch. It can get a bit dicey though as you have to back up the terminal with something massive to absorb the force and keep it from bending and it really requires three hands to achieve.

-Luke

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional™: Certification #031409-25
NABCEP Certified Solar Heating Installer™: Certification #ST032611-03
CoSEIA Certified PV Installer

Solar Gain Services, LLC
PO Box 531
Monte Vista, CO 81144