[RE-wrenches] enphase AC battery

William Dorsett wmdorsett at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 20 07:53:51 PST 2016

Jay, in visiting with Enphase Tech Support, the guy got quite enthusiastic
about the concept that this battery was designed for load shifting. But
obviously this could also be used for minor backup, i.e. computers and
communication. And I would suppose that ganged in multiples of their 1.2 kWh
increments, you could add multiples to reach a fairly sizable bank. Of
course each would have its own inverter so this might quickly become more
expensive than a large central bank with one inverter.

I was surprised that the cost of one of the smallest HUP's (~10 Kwh) was
about the same price as a 7 kWh Tesla for almost the same capacity...$3000
(given that you can't pull the HUP down below 70% very often).

Bill Dorsett
Manhattan, KS