[RE-wrenches] Cat 5 cable in 240 AC power conduit with #2 alum entrance wire.

John Blittersdorf john.blittersdorf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 06:25:33 PDT 2016

Wrenches,
  I have a customer who has pulled a cat 5 cable through his power conduit
(2" PVC) to a new barn for about 120' and wants to use it for ethernet and
telephone.  Wants me to use a pair if wires in the cable to trigger a relay
to disconnect a direct grid tie inverter (AC Coupling) when batteries are
full on his double GVFX3648 backup system   He wants it in writing from
experts that it is not a good idea.  Has anyone done this and had good luck
with it or have opinions?

John Blittersdorf

formerly owner of Central Vermont Solar & Wind
now working for the new owner Rob Stubbins Solar
(I get a regular paycheck and (usually) regular hours.