[RE-wrenches] service call reimbursement

Sky Sims sky at ecologicalsystems.biz
Wed Jun 15 13:15:39 PDT 2016

Just found out the hard way that Solectria (now Yaskawa?) doesn't do service call reimbursement or cover downtime of their product during the warranty period. They promised the world when I was in the inverter selection process but once they get the equipment out the door apparently down time and the site visits spent fixing their product is their customers problem.
We're thinking about switching inverter brands, which inverters have the best reimbursement policies right now?
My experience has been:
SMA pay's $150 per inverter per truck roll(although it can be difficult collecting from them).
ABB pays $150 (although it can be difficult to collecting from them)
Schneider Electric pays $150 (they've been really quick to pay anytime there is an issue)
Fronius pays $250 (they’ve been really quick to pay anytime there is an issue)

That's my list right now and when it comes to reimbursing installers for problems with their equipment during the warranty period Fronius looks like the big winner right now with Schneider coming in a close second.

My two cents,
Sky Sims
Ecological Systems