[RE-wrenches] Optics RE reliability

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon May 16 12:57:54 PDT 2016

Friends:

We just installed our first Optics RE systems.  They are both at the same
location connected to a satellite data system.  In the three weeks these two
systems have been on line, they have become disconnected several times.  The
latest time both Mates disconnected but we were able to reconnect one by
remotely rebooting the router.

I have invested a lot of money, time and reputation on these systems.  I am
hoping reliability improves.  I am on a long hold with Outback right now in
an attempt to trouble shoot. I am guessing the resolution will be a two hour
drive each way to unplug and plug the Cat5 cable in.

Ten minutes later:  I received helpful information from Outback tech
support, as usual. I will be swapping Mates to see if the trouble moves,
etc.  I will also be setting the auto reboot function.

Can anyone else suggest how to resolve these issues?

What experience have the remainder of you had with the Optics RE system?  Is
it reliable for you?

Thanks in advance,

William Miller