[RE-wrenches] Schneider Conext Battery Monitor

Howie Michaelson howie at suncatchervt.com
Thu Mar 3 12:27:41 PST 2016

I have recently installed my first Conext SW4024 and I am so far general
impressed, particularly compared to earlier Xantrex products. I am now
installing the battery monitor and am trying to decide on location. It is
replacing an old TM500 meter which was part of the old Trace SW4024 power
panel installation which was replaced. Ideally the Conext SCP would remain
by the inverter (in the e-panel) while the Battery Monitor replaces the
TM500 which was upstairs for the client to view easily. owever, in talking
to Shneider support, I was told that the monitor screen is not easy to
read, and that the battery temp sensor attached to the inverte, while
sharing temperature with the battery monitor for calculations, will not
allow the battery monitor to display temperature info nor the temp adjusted
voltage readings (and therefore the SOC as well).  This doesn't make sense
to me, so I just wanted to verify that this is in fact the case before I
spend time trying to run the 3 cables (2 ethernet and 1 temp sensor)
through 30' of wall between the battery/inverter location in the basement
and the BM display upstairs.  Anyone have experience and advice?

Thanks as always!
Howie
*Howie Michaelson*
*NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™*
Sun Catcher, LLC
Renewable Energy Systems Sales and Service
VT Solar Electric Incentive Partner
802-272-0004