[RE-wrenches] Shading from Overhead Transmission Lines

Paul Lyons Lyons at ZapotecEnergy.com
Wed Feb 24 07:50:38 PST 2016

Hell RE-Wrenches -

Do any of you have experience with locating ground-mounted PV systems under
high-voltage transmission lines? We have an electric utility client who
would like to use some of its land underneath its HV transmission lines to
install PV. Is the shadow cast be the overhead wires significant enough to
affect the string voltages in the array? Should we go with micro-inverters?

Thank you,

Paul Lyons, P.E.

Zapotec Energy Inc.

675 Massachusetts Ave

Cambridge, MA 02139-3309

Tel: 617-547-5900  ext.201

Email:  <mailto:Lyons at ZapotecEnergy.com> Lyons at ZapotecEnergy.com

Web:  <http://www.ZapotecEnergy.com> www.ZapotecEnergy.com