[RE-wrenches] Secure/support PV wire requirements?

Benn Kilburn benn at skyfireenergy.com
Sun Feb 7 10:12:01 PST 2016

Kris,
I'm just looking into re-stocking some cable ties and came across this
thread when searching my email for cable tie/management part numbers...
The photos you shared remind me of a system i saw recently that was
installed by a competitor here (and who happens to teach a PV install
training course).  The system i saw is similar in that there are many PV
wires clearly visible, unprotected and laying on the roof and these are a
perfect example of inspectors not doing their job properly.

I get it that "liability" keeps electrical inspectors from climbing ladders
onto the roof to inspect the array install up close, but when poor wire
management like these examples can clearly be seen from the ground and the
inspectors are not noting the wire management (or lack of) as a
deficiency.... they are either not properly trained in what to look for and
have no place inspecting PV systems or are simply not doing their job
properly and have no place inspecting anything.

*Benn Kilburn *
CSA Certified Solar Photovoltaic Systems Electrician, SkyFire Energy Inc
6706 – 82 Ave NW | Edmonton, AB | T6B 0E7
P: 780-474-8992 | F: 888-405-5843 | www.skyfireenergy.com
[image: email] <benn at skyfireenergy.com> [image: facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/SkyFireEnergy> [image: twitter]
<https://twitter.com/SkyFireEnergy> [image: linkedin]