[RE-wrenches] 1000V DC Ground wire?

Daniel Young dyoung at dovetailsolar.com
Mon Dec 21 11:44:23 PST 2015

I use standard THWN-2 green of the appropriate size. Ground wire does not
have to have the 1,000Vrating, as the copper inside is at 0 Vdc to ground
(at least we hope it is J). Remember that EGC's can actually be bare copper
(NEC 250.119), think of the ground wire in ROMEX, or the bare copper you see
grounding light fixtures from IKEA... But if it's insulated or covered, it
has to be green or green with yellow stripes. We don't normally have them
bare in a PV install because we use metallic conduit and you don't touch
bare copper to metallic conduits, not to mention insulated stranded wire is
much easier to pull.

With Regards,

Daniel Young,

NABCEP Certified PV Installation ProfessionalTM: Cert #031508-90

Lead Systems Designer for:

Dovetail 2013 cmyk 300dpi.jpg

 <http://www.dovetailsolar.com> www.dovetailsolar.com

Ph: 740-274-0139

We've completed nearly 400 renewable energy projects!  Check out a few in
our photo gallery:
<http://www.dovetailsolar.com/Our-Work.aspx?path=commercial+-+solar+electric

http://www.dovetailsolar.com/Our-Work.aspx?path=commercial+-+solar+electric

This email message and attachments are intended only for the addressee.  It
may contain information which is legally privileged, confidential and exempt
from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you
may not disclose, print, copy or disseminate this message and/or the
information contained in the message.  If you have received this message in
error, please reply and notify the sender (only) and delete this message
along with any attachments.  Unauthorized interception of this email is a
violation of criminal laws and laws covering electronic communications
privacy matters.