[RE-wrenches] Silicon energy

Solar dahlsolar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 16:53:50 PST 2015

No, they had a batch of the cascades delaminate last year. They were replaced. We will see if anymore blow apart after this winter. I only have a few modules out there of the old style and they have been installed for 3 years, so as for me personally I will be fairly safe. Some contractors had a cozy relationship with SiE and have many many modules out there, I hope for their sake the mods hold up. I haven't installed any of the newer modules that look very very similar to Solarworlds glass on glass. Maybe I can get a few of the newer style for my electrical class at a discount now.

Seems like Outback made a smart move all those years ago.  Without the generous incentives these modules just weren't going to make a go of it. We lost 20 good IBEW manufacturing jobs at the plant too.

Jesse Dahl

NABCEP PV Installation Professional
IBEW Local 292 - Electrician
Electrical/Solar PV Instructor - HCC