[RE-wrenches] Outback OpticsRe

Roy Rakobitsch windsine at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 22:29:42 PST 2015

I use OpticsRE on my off grid system. It seems stable in its current
revision. There are a few things that bug me about the GUI, such as not
being able to make drop-down preferences retain settings on log-in for
their graphs. Also not being able to make shunts display on top of
dashboard (i dont use outback charge controllers, so it cant tell my PV
output except through FNDC shunt). Curious to see how the mobile app looks
if it ever comes out, as some of the data from graphs is difficult to
extrapolate on a mobile device, as you cant hover a mouse over parts of the
graphs. Other than that it seems solid, and is set up nice for
dealer/installers to manage multiple sites at a glance. I love being able
to write to the aux relays and turn loads/charging sources on and off at
will. Ive not used it very long but it seems promising and kinda neat.  :)

Roy Rakobitsch
NABCEP Certified Small Wind Installer®
Certified Advanced Tower Climbing, Safety & Rescue
Wind/PV Design Engineer
Windsine LLC
631-514-4166
www.windsine.org