[RE-wrenches] Outback OpticsRe

Lou Russo lou at spreesolarsystems.com
Thu Dec 17 20:05:04 PST 2015

Wrenches,

I have several existing off-grid sites that now require remote monitoring.
All of the systems are Outback FX series inverters with hubs, original
Mates, and relatively easy WAN access.  I keep coming back to Outback's
OpticsRE as a option.  I have been disappointed in most manufacture's
attempts at web interfaces (Midnite, Schneider, Etc..), so I am hesitant to
commit.  Does anybody out there have direct experience with multiple
off-grid sites with OpticsRE? I saw 2 threads from July and last week, but
no real in depth discussion around reliability, ease of use for the client,
logging, control, troubleshooting, etc.. so any detailed real world
experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Aloha,

Lou Russo
lou at spreesolarsystems.com
440 345 6762