[RE-wrenches] AC house monitoring

Michael Welch michael.welch at re-wrenches.org
Mon Dec 14 13:50:39 PST 2015

Hi gang. Sharkey asked me to contribute this to the conversation:

It might be of interest to the Wrenches in this discussion to check out the Open Energy Monitor.

http://openenergymonitor.org/emon/

I was involved in the very early phase of this project, imparting some knowledge of how revenue-grade electronic Watthour meters operate. There are a lot of options and versions available, including three-phase monitors, etc. There are also several schemes for load diversion of PV power. It's all open source and under constant refinement. Don't know how the prices on the for-purchase units compare to some of what's been discussed so far, but it's another option...