[RE-wrenches] Discover Batteries

Kevin Pegg KPegg at energyalternatives.ca
Sat Dec 12 12:15:32 PST 2015

Yes.

Discover is the house brand used by Canadian Energy, formerly Battery Direct. "Canada's stored & renewable energy expert" is their tagline despite actually having much experience with renewables - they are box movers. There is a co-ownership link between Canadian Energy and Discover Energy.

We have been using their sealed AGM L16 or Golf Cart format batteries for many years in some very remote industrial sites and they have performed very well. Made in China good quality products.
https://www.cdnrg.com/products/batteries/sealed-deep-cycle-agm-traction-batteries

As for the tubular cells, this technology is not new - Global Yuasa for example has used that technology for a while. We used to sell a lot of Global batteries, until the product quality crapped out about 8 years ago.

My Cdn energy sales rep will be stopping in next week and I can inquire further if they have any actual field experience with the tubular cells.

Kevin