[RE-wrenches] Flat roof in snow country - snow removal

Benn Kilburn benn at skyfireenergy.com
Wed Dec 9 14:11:37 PST 2015

Todd,
I've seen that photo of yours before.  Yeah, that is really something!!!

A few questions....
Have you seen it happen on systems or sites other than the one in the photo?
What brand of modules?  Were they covered under warranty? If not, Why not?

So was this a result of some snow accumulation, then melt/freeze cycles
then more snow accumulation which forced the ice build-up down onto the
lower frame edge?  Are you aware/can you clarify what led up to this?
I am aware of massive amounts of snow fall in mountain regions (not
exclusively).  Is that where this was?
Was there a particular "massive snow fall event" prior to this happening?

Thanks,

*Benn Kilburn *
CSA Certified Solar Photovoltaic Systems Electrician, SkyFire Energy Inc
6706 – 82 Ave NW | Edmonton, AB | T6B 0E7
P: 780-474-8992 | F: 888-405-5843 | www.skyfireenergy.com
[image: email] <benn at skyfireenergy.com> [image: facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/SkyFireEnergy> [image: twitter]
<https://twitter.com/SkyFireEnergy> [image: linkedin]