[RE-wrenches] Back sheet covering

Taiyoko Sadewic taiyoko at positiveenergysolar.com
Wed Dec 9 06:42:23 PST 2015

Mac,
Yes, we used a silicon based paint and covered the UL label with a
detachable sticker. We got the manufacturer to approve it.  The silicon
paint did not appear to interfere with the cooling of the module in our
very limited testing. Screening with solarscrim would probably also work
and accomplish two purposes, protecting conductors and screening the color.

Good luck.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 7:34 AM, Mac Lewis <maclewis1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Wrenches,
>
> Does anyone know of a product or method to hide the white back sheets of
> modules mounted on a pole mount? I envision some type of taunt fabric
> almost like a shade cloth that will darken it up.
>
> Thanks

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

*Taiyoko Sadewic*

*Chief Financial OfficerChief Technical Officer*
*POSITIVE ENERGY SOLAR*
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
NABCEP Certified Technical Sales

Taiyoko at PositiveEnergySolar.com