[RE-wrenches] Frozen T-105s

Luke Christy sgsrenewables at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 09:15:28 PST 2015

I would echo Mark's comment.
Some years ago I worked on a bank of 2V Telco batteries that had gotten frozen. Granted, they were not frozen solid, but after thawing and putting them back on charge they recovered. Hard  to say how much capacity was lost, but the last time I checked in on them (last month), they were still operating. Those big C&D telco batteries are something else. This is a full-time use remote house situation with an old-school 12V system. The batteries were made in 1974 and they are still working today even with the freeze issue, which was probably 20 years ago at least!

-Luke

On Dec 3, 2015, at 9:47 AM, <mark at hurshtown.com> wrote:

> If there is ice only on top of the cells, it is unlikely that the batteries are damaged.

Luke Christy

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional™: Certification #031409-25
NABCEP Certified Solar Heating Installer™: Certification #ST032611-03

Solar Gain Services, LLC
PO Box 531
Monte Vista, CO. 81144
SGSRenewables at Gmail.com