[RE-wrenches] Panasonic PV modules, missing you

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Sun Nov 29 13:23:49 PST 2015

Dellta LA  lightning arrestors would not prevent the diode damage you
mentioned.  I think many others on the list will confirm that Delta LAs
are not effective at preventing equipment damage, and probably only
useful in preventing complete wire melt down.  Midnite found the Delta
didn't start clamping till well over 2000 volts. It might be
coincidence, but we have not a single case of lightning damage since we
switched to the Midnite SPD protection.  The Delta isn't even UL listed
anymore.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,