[RE-wrenches] Panasonic PV modules, missing you

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Fri Nov 27 15:02:50 PST 2015

Hi Friends,

We did a run of Sanyo modules for a few years. Last year one of our HIT 195
BA3 arrays of 12 started losing production, a 2005 system with the fabled
SMA SB2500U. the warranty process was really intense, a lot of photos per
module required, and much documentation. To no avail, as Panasonic came back
with the science showing how lightning took out the blocking diodes at
various degrees through the years? We had this well-grounded, 600 VDC RK5
fused, Delta LA DC602, and more. So in the end we asked the client to see if
the homeowner's insurance might come forth. Yes they did! We just replaced
the array with Panasonic HIP 240's and Apsystems YC500 micro inverters, wow!
This system rips, showing 270 watts per module in our cold climate! The
Panasonic's were acquired from CivicSolar, good people to work with!

Happy Holiday! There is lots to be grateful for.

Chris Worcester

Solar Wind Works

NABCEP Certified PV Installer

Office 530-582-4503