[RE-wrenches] Odd battery problem - very low SG in only one cell

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 09:12:41 PST 2015

Thanks everyone for the replies and ideas both on and off list.

Based on your input, next week when the system is in Float I plan to have
the class isolate the faulty battery and measure voltage, let it rest for a
couple days, then load test at about C/10. Predicted result is that it will
show extremely low amp-hour capacity. Since the other battery in the string
will then be isolated also, we will load test it at the same time to
compare.
Best regards and thanks again;

Dan Fink
Adjunct Professor, Ecotech Institute
IREC Certified Instructor™ for:
~ PV Installation Professional
~ Small Wind Installer
Executive Director, Buckville Energy
NABCEP Accredited Continuing Education Providers™
970.672.4342

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 7:30 AM, Drake <drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org