[RE-wrenches] Mixing battery sizes in the same bank

Tom at wagonmaker tom at wagonmaker.com
Wed Nov 18 19:49:53 PST 2015

The battery engineers at the outfit that first taught me how to install
using buss bars cabling individual series strings in parallel to the buss
bars were also adamant that using that configuration would allow for
different size and  capacity batteries to be installed in the same bank.  I
also questioned them as you guys did and they assured me it would work.  I
never did try it but I was also very satisfied with the stability of my
entire bank (12 series pairs paralleled through cables to +/- buss bars).
The bank voltage never varied much more than 1/10 volt differential from the
time I installed them until I sold the house a few years later.

Tom