[RE-wrenches] 72 cell micro inverters

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Mon Oct 26 07:24:46 PDT 2015

Jay,

        One other consideration to mitigate morning/afternoon shading is to wire the array one string east side, one string west side and use an SMA TL with its 2 separate tracking inputs.  This is assuming your shading is from east and west located obstacles...as the morning sun hits the west string, you'll have full output in that string, esp with opti-track. Same in afternoon.  Not quite as granular as micros or optimizers but an option. Simple.  You'll also have 1500 watts of power without batteries when the grid fails.

Bill
Feather River Solar Electric